After several years supporting refugees in Education, Emergency Aid, and Empowerment, we realized how important it is to make the voices of the people and from our community heard.
With this goal in mind we currently have a series of projects on narratives on migration and other relevant issues:
– “Just Married” comic series by visual artist Fèlix Brassier
– “The Refugee Journal” bi-monthly magazine with refugee-created stories, drawings and other creative works
– Attending and speaking at events about refugee inclusion and other topics related to the context in Lebanon and Brussels, early marriage, young asylum seekers, inclusion policy, among other areas.
– Organizing presentations of our work at large events related to humanitarian aid and development, such as the European Development Days
– Published field notes & research reports from the ground in Brussels and Lebanon, shared on advocacy platforms on the Brussels and EU-level
SB OverSeas attends events around Europe to promote our work and share good practices, including conferences organized by platforms that actively advocate for the rights on migrants on the Belgian , European and international level such as ECRE, PICUM, Girls Not Brides, CNCD, Oxfam, among others.